HRCI & SHRM Re-Certification Secrets on 6/29 or 7/20 at 11 AM CST. Recert credits available. Register here.
Blogging has been the best career decision I ever made for me. It truly has defined my career. Online storytelling is a powerful way to share messages, information and reach a targeted audience of readers sharing insights from what you do and say every day. For recruiters and corporate recruiting teams, blogging provides a great way to expand on social media engagement and employment branding videos driving people and keeping them on your company career site which is the heart of your recruiting strategy.
Blogging is Essential for Employment Branding
Any social media or employment branding strategy involves a great deal of activities happening online either on our tablet, desktop or smartphone we are soaking up information, resources and learning about careers, companies and job opportunities in real time. Blogging adds another technical benefit to your company careers page and job opening listing.
Over on my individual blog, Workology, I’ve written in detail about how your company career site serves as the center of your online recruiting and employment branding strategy. Think of your company careers site as the center of your online universe. It’s the one site you fully control the branding, messaging and advertising. There are no terms of service to accept for your own website and company careers page which is why blogging is such a powerful way to really shine a spotlight and keep prospective job seekers learning about your company.
Complete our HR & Recruiting Buyer Survey. Enter to win one of five $25 Visa gift cards. Click here.
Blogging is a great way to keep readers engaged within the pages of your website and more importantly company career page. Unfortunately, the number of companies who do a great job of building relationships, posting meaningful content and sharing personal stories is few and far between. Here are 7 of the best company career sites that feature blogs as a way to reach job seekers through blogging.
- Publix Job Blog. Going strong since 2012, this site provides information about openings at Publix along with helpful job search and career tips. Tips on How to Land Jobs at Publix Stores.
- Geico Blog. Another long standing blog is Geico. They provide a combination of great content for the job seeker along with other blogs and articles related to everything Geico. Job related content is publish 1-2 times a month. Read, New Year. New Career.
- Target Pulse Blog. I love the look of Target’s blog. Called the “Pulse.” They have a number of contributors with a really great look. Check out Events Outside the Office.
- Microsoft Jobs Blog. The longest standing blog in this list. Microsoft has been serving up blog content since 2007 of the jobs and career variety. Check out, Be Bold and Consider a Career in Engineering.”
- Sodexo Blog. When it comes to early adoption and successfully leveraging social recruiting, Sodexo is one of the corporate leaders in the space. Their blog follows suit offering interesting articles including 30 Jobs for 2030.
- Jobs@Intel Blog. Intel’s blog offers compelling stories from employees that tug on your heart strings. Their blog offers a combination of work life tips, career posts and personal stories like Enabled Not Disabled. Trust me, read this one. The post is heartfelt and inspiring!
- VMware Careers Blog. Jam packed with personal employee testimonials and stories that are sure to help candidates learn more about the company and culture they are applying for. Read, Top 10 Reasons Why the 2013 VMware Interns Loved Working at VMware.
Know of a company careers blog I missed? Leave a comment below.