No matter who you are or where you work, networking is the key to a successful career and future! According to About.com 60% of all jobs are found as a result of networking. It’s never too early to start or too late. And the holidays should be no exception. Here are 7 ways to network during the busy holiday season with low cost and minimal effort.
7 Ways to Network for the Holidays
- E cards. Send out free internet Holiday cards to your network. Hallmark.com has a large variety of interesting and work appropriate cards to engage your network.
- Host a Holiday Open House. Either at work or at your home. Clients, friends, and colleagues can visit and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa or cider while building new relationships or catching up with old friends.
- Hit the Holiday Party Scene. Make the rounds to all the holiday events and bring a stack of business cards. Never miss an opportunity to make a lasting impression.
- Demand Attention! Drop by personalized and homemade holiday gifts to your network. Mix your favorite blend of coffees and package in a custom bag with label. Don’t forget to include your contact information and business card. Schedule and afternoon or two to make the rounds and let the job offers pour in!
- Coffee Talk. Invite a colleague for coffee and let your job intentions be known.
- 12 Days of Christmas. Create a marketing event highlighting yourself using the 12 days of Christmas. Ask for 12 referrals or new contacts from your network for 12 days or create 12 signature marketing materials to distribute to your network.
- Say it with Snail Mail. Take part in the traditional method of distributing holiday cards using snail mail. Select marketing materials to make a lasting impression.
Send me your networking success stories and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org!