Jessica Miller-Merrell | , , ,| By
Job descriptions can also be the most difficult part of a recruiter’s job. Job posts are essentially talent brand marketing, job descriptions are meant for use on your career site and for links in job posts to give a job seeker more detailed information. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a job description template for the recruiting or recruiter manager position. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
Recruiting Manager Job Duties and Salary Range
Typically a salary-level position, the recruiting manager may or may not oversee and supervise a staff of employees. Recruiting managers oversee a team of recruiters, coordinators, and sourcers. They are often also responsible for hiring a number of job openings and positions depending on the size of the organization. This manager helps with budgeting, reporting, planning, and strategy for recruiting and hiring. This is an exempt level position.
A Recruiting Manager’s compensation range in the U.S. averages $71,000. Those in the 90th percentile make $112,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $45,000.
Recruiting Manager Job Description
Dunder Mifflin Paper Company is a U.S.-based recruiting firm specializing in sourcing and placement for technology-based positions, from IT managers to engineers to Chief Technology Officers, at top tech organizations around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Recruiting Manager for an internal role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for the management, budgeting, reporting, planning and strategy for recruiting and hiring top technology talent for our corporate clients in the United States.
A typical day as a Recruiting Manager includes:
- Managing a team of 50+ recruiting and sourcing professionals to support their work for our corporate IT clients.
- Interviewing, hiring, coaching, and mentoring technology recruiters, from candidate qualification to placement.
- Ensuring that departmental goals and KPIs are clearly defined and reporting on team project status in a tech-focused environment.
- Communicate frequently with departmental and executive stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our U.S.-based corporate technology clients.
What you’ll like most about working at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company:
- We know technology and our recruiters work within a unique AGILE project workflow, each team member owns their resources and is driven to find the best talent in our industry.
- Everyone at Dunder Mifflin Paper Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our recruiting team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- Have SHRM PHR or equivalent certifications.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a recruiting management function within the tech industry.
- Have solid leadership skills, strong technical knowledge, a basic understanding of AGILE methodology, and a drive to succeed.
- Background in technology and development preferred.
- Proven experience sourcing, hiring, managing, and measuring the success of technology talent.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry.
- We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offers several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With over 20 years in technology talent recruiting, Dunder Mifflin Paper Company is globally recognized as the top recruiting firm for placing technology talent at companies around the world. Our customers are innovative Fortune 500 organizations who have come to expect the best engineers, developers, IT and technology talent placement from our company. Not only do we place tech talent, but we’ve also made technology our business and our TTD app has been rated in the Top 10 Tech Recruiting Tools by Fast Company for the past three years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.