The position of Trainer is crucial to any company and must have an expert knowledge of all systems and job tasks on which they’re training others, which is why many companies promote Trainers from within. When searching outside of your organization for a Trainer candidate, you’ll want to be as specific as possible in your job description about which software programs and employee education this person will be responsible for. Unlike your job posting, which is part of your company’s talent brand marketing, this job description is meant for your career site and for links in the job posting to give your prospective Trainer more detailed information. Writing a job description for Trainer is important even if you are using it to screen internal candidates. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
Corporate Trainer Job Duties and Salary
If HR is also responsible for learning, training, and development, the role of trainer falls under the umbrella of HR. Trainers can be employee orientation leaders or those that facilitate training and development programs as well as provide specialized training and learning for certain employee groups and departments. The role and responsibilities for the trainer are dependants on the size and scope of the organization. If an organization has a separate training and L&D department, this individual may be a peer to an HR manager and report directly to an HR Director or a Training Director or other learning and development leadership role. This role may be an exempt level or non-exempt level role.
The average pay for a Trainer is $51,000 per year. Those in the 90th percentile make $72,000 per year, and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $36,000.
Trainer Job Description
Company ABC is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional Trainer for an internal role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for new employee orientation and software training as well as developing onboarding programs for our contract workforce.
A typical day as a Trainer includes:
- Organizing and developing training and onboarding initiatives for a large workforce.
- Executing training sessions for new and existing employees.
- Developing programs around the skills our company requires as we plan to enter new markets and transform our business performance.
- Working with HR leaders within the company to identify areas for improvement and apply changes to onboarding training based on employee and leadership feedback.
- Communicate frequently with departmental and executive stakeholders to understand the evolving learning and development needs of our talent pool.
What you’ll like most about working in Human Resources at Company ABC:
- We take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Understand why new employee orientation is an integral part of our employees’ success and its impact on employee productivity and retention.
- Have 5+ years of experience working on software programs in the recruiting and staffing industry, including ATS, HRIS, and Payroll software.
- Are excellent verbal communicators, able to offer not only answers to questions but the reasoning behind those answers.
- A bachelor’s degree in education or related certification program.
- Human resources and new employee orientation experience is a plus.
- Experience in developing training programs for human resources and recruiting staff.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, plus performance-based bonus incentives. Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry. We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offers several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Company ABC has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Company ABC successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.