Jessica Miller-Merrell | , , , ,| By
The position of HR Manager is a complicated one and one that has a variety of jobs and responsibilities making this role very unique for each organization. Writing job descriptions including ones for a human resource manager or HR Manager is a challenge. A job posting is part of talent brand marketing while job descriptions like the one you see below are meant for your career site and for links in job postings to give your prospective HR manager job seeker more detailed information. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
HR Manager Job Duties and Salary
The HR Manager position is typically a salaried position. Human resource managers may or may not oversee and supervise a staff of employees. As generalists in their roles, these individuals often do a bit of everything including benefits, compensation, recruiting and handling employee relations issues on a daily basis. The responsibilities in this role are very broad, from location forecasting and budgeting, recruiting and interviewing, compliance to overseeing EEOC investigations and claims. HR Managers sometimes process payroll but are less administrative than coordinator or specialist roles. Often they are cross-trained in the administrative tasks for redundancy and in case of emergencies.
An HR Manager’s compensation range in the U.S. averages 57,000. Those in the 90th percentile make $79,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $40,000.
Human Resources (HR) Manager Job Description
Company ABC is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional HR Manager for an internal role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for benefits and compensation packages as well as employee relations for our contract workforce.
A typical day as HR Manager includes:
- Selecting, understanding, and communicating our best-in-industry benefits packages.
- Working face-to-face or by phone/video direct contact with our contract workforce employees to gather information and assess compensation and benefits requirements.
- Working with benefits providers to ensure our offerings are the top available for our contract employees. Review RFPs and vendor proposals for employee benefits and perks programs.
- Communicate frequently with departmental and executive stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our talent pool.
What you’ll like most about working in Human Resources at Company ABC:
- We take great pride in offering our contract workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, HR or related field.
- Have SHRM PHR certification.
- Have 5+ years of experience working on the compensation and benefits aspect of human resources with proven success metrics.
- Have solid communication skills and compassionate nature.
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Proven experience developing, testing and analyzing employee retention programs.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefit package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry.
- We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offer several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Company ABC has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Company ABC successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.