Jessica Miller-Merrell | , , ,| By
Because Payroll Coordinators supervise employee’s wages, salaries, bonuses, deductions, and taxes, it’s imperative to write a job description that specifically requires attention to detail, experience with high-level responsibilities, and a sense of urgency. Because this role is responsible for ensuring your entire workforce is paid on time and accurately, previous experience is typically needed.
Your job posting is part of talent brand marketing while job descriptions like the one below are meant for your career site and for links in job postings to give your prospective Payroll Coordinator job seeker more detailed information. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
Payroll Coordinator Job Duties and Salary
A true administrative position that is responsible for processing and managing the payroll process. A Payroll Coordinator is responsible for managing the payroll accounts of a company or business, including maintaining reports, payroll processing, and other employee-related expenses and programs. Often times the payroll coordinator, like the HR coordinator, role is the Swiss Army knife of the department filling in where needed and responsible for an ever-changing number of HR and payroll-related tasks. In some organizations, the payroll coordinator may fall under the management of operations or accounting.
The average salary for a Payroll Coordinator is $46,467 per year. Those in the 90th percentile make $60,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $35,000.
Payroll Coordinator Job Description
Company ABC is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional Payroll Coordinator for an internal role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for wages, salaries, bonuses, deductions and taxes as well as employee support for our internal workforce.
A typical day as Payroll Coordinator includes:
- Collecting timekeeping information, incorporating a variety of deductions into a periodic payroll, and issuing pay and pay-related information to employees.
- Update employee records in accordance with the requirements of each department within the company.
- Creating reports consisting of payroll data for key stakeholders.
- Assist our internal workforce with time entry best practices and support administrative and time reporting software.
What you’ll like most about working in Human Resources at Company ABC:
- We take great pride in offering our contract workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Training from an accredited two- or four-year college and completion of associate degree in finance, business administration, math or statistics.
- Have 2+ years of experience working within a payroll function, including issuing salary payments and bonuses, employee timekeeping, or accounting.
- Have a high level of accountability and strong attention to detail.
- Bookkeeping and accounting experience within a mid- to large-sized company is a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), Certified Payroll Professional (CPC) credential and completion of a Payroll Administration Certificate Program.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefit package, plus performance-based bonus incentives. Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry. We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offer several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Company ABC has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Company ABC successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.