The position of Compensation and Benefits Manager involves being able to stay on top of the ever-changing landscape of employee benefits and compensation. Writing job descriptions including ones for a Compensation and Benefits Manager can be a challenge. A job posting is part of talent brand marketing, while job descriptions like the one you see below are meant for your career site and for links in job postings to give your prospective HR job seeker more detailed information.
Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
Compensation and Benefits Manager Job Duties and Salary
A compensation and benefits manager focuses on navigating the ever-changing world of employee benefit programs and compensation. This role is responsible for managing benefit plans including health insurance, life insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) plans, and other programs like employee assistance programs and tuition reimbursement. The compensation and benefits manager is responsible for managing employee payroll expenses including compensation plans, audits, and pay bands and position levels. This role is normally exempt level and a salaried position. Depending on the size of an organization, the manager may focus solely on compensation and benefits or may take on other human resources roles as is required.
The average pay for a Compensation and Benefits Manager is $88,000 per year. Those in the 90th percentile make $122,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $60,000.
Compensation and Benefits Manager Job Description
Company ABC is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional Compensation and Benefits Manager for a role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for benefits and compensation packages as well as employee relations for our contract workforce.
A typical day as Compensation and Benefits Manager includes:
- Managing compensation and benefits essential to ensuring employee satisfaction.
- Ensuring that our company is compliant with all laws and other regulations related to benefits and compensation.
- Assists employees with issues of pay, benefits and retirement.
- Develop methods to boost employee awareness of their options and benefits packages.
- Meet with employees as individuals and in groups to get them signed on with the organization’s benefits programs and assist with questions related to wages and/or salary, medical plans, retirement plans, and investment programs.
- Help construct the compensation levels of an organization to ensure competitive rates of pay that are in accordance with our company’s needs.
What you’ll like most about working in Human Resources at Company ABC:
- We take great pride in offering our contract workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- A bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with core HR domains, including performance management, organizational design, talent management, compensation, and employee relations.
- Have an extensive understanding of compensation rules and benefits packages.
- Solid communications skills and the problem-solving talents necessary to help employees solve issues that may come up.
- A master’s degree in human resources.
- Experience in 401K plan administration.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefit package, plus performance-based bonus incentives. Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry. We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offer several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Company ABC has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Company ABC successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.