The position of HR Specialist can vary widely within a human resources team. Specialist roles typically depend on your departmental needs and should be assessed based on the programs and processes they support. This makes writing job descriptions for HR Specialist somewhat complicated, as the role is unique for each organization. Writing job descriptions including ones for a HR Specialist is a challenge.
While a job posting is part of talent brand marketing, job descriptions like the one you see below are intended for your career site and links in job postings to give your prospective HR Specialist job seeker more insight into the role and your company. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
HR Specialist Job Duties and Salary
HR Specialist typically have 1-3 years of experience working in HR. The responsibilities in this role are very broad, but are still focused on administration, payroll processing, and other administrative tasks. HR Specialists can gain additional experience working on specialty projects, employee orientation, training, and pre-screen interviewing. Human Resource Specialists have a basic understanding of some employment law. They are hourly non-exempt workers and serve as a go-to resource for employees and managers alike.
The average pay for a Human Resources (HR) Specialist is $49,700 per year and the average hourly rate is $18.83 per hour. Those in the 90th percentile make $73,000 per year or $25.53 an hour, and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $36,000 or $14.19 per hour.
HR Specialist Job Description
Company ABC is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional HR Specialist for an role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. This is an hourly position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for benefits and compensation packages as well as employee relations for our contract workforce.
A typical day as HR Specialist includes:
- Support of HR activities and programs; such as staffing, compensation, benefits, training and safety.
- Answer employee questions about human resources policies and procedures.
- Coordinate projects and implements employee compensation, training and benefit programs; including communications.
- Working under the HR manager, the HR Specialist focuses on the daily operations of the HR department.
What you’ll like most about working in Human Resources at Company ABC:
- We take great pride in offering our contract workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development).
- Have solid communication skills and compassionate nature.
- Experience on the compensation and benefits aspect of human resources is a plus.
- Proven experience developing, testing and analyzing employee success programs.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefit package, plus performance-based bonus incentives. Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry. We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offer several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Company ABC has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Company ABC successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.