Developing job descriptions can be one of the most difficult if not tedious parts of an HR recruiter’s job. While job posts are essentially talent brand marketing, job descriptions are meant for use on your career site and for links in job posts to give a job seeker more detailed information. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template. In this job description template, we’re sharing an example of what a Human Resource Business Partner or HRBP job description might look like.
You’re welcome to use this Human Resource Business Partner job description template how you see fit. The HRBP role is seen less of a generalist or manager and someone who takes a more consultative role working in HR. Human resource business partners have clients within the organization. They provide resources and build relationships focusing on the missions and objectives set forth by the organization. There is much less focus on compliance and administration. An organization instead typically has an HR Services Center or central department to help provide support in the form of policy development and enforcement, benefits, and compensation. This person is seen as an operational and more strategic resource for the region or area in which they support. This is an exempt level position.
HRBP Salary Range
A HRBP’s compensation range in the U.S. averages $75,000. Those in the 90th percentile make $102,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $53,000.
Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) Job Description Template
Company X is a U.S.-based recruiting firm specializing in sourcing and placement for technology-based positions, from IT managers to engineers to Chief Technology Officer, at top tech organizations around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to partner with our human resources team at our corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for recruiting development, predictive strategy, reporting, planning and operations for recruiting and hiring top technology talent for our corporate clients in the United States.
A typical day as Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) includes:
- Working as an internal partner for key stakeholders within our human resources department, including developing departmental and company goals, support programs for recruiting managers, and policy and programs ongoing support.
- Developing HR department objectives and benchmarks that align with our company’s mission and objectives.
- Ensuring that departmental goals and KPIs are clearly defined and reporting on team project status in a tech-focused environment.
- Communicate frequently with departmental and executive stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our U.S.-based corporate technology clients.
What you’ll like most about working at Company X:
- We know technology and our recruiters work within a unique AGILE project workflow, each team member owns their resources and is driven to find the best talent in our industry.
- Everyone at Company X contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our recruiting team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- Have SHRM PHR or equivalent certifications.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a recruiting management function within the tech industry or the equivalent.
- Have solid leadership skills, strong technical knowledge, a basic understanding of AGILE methodology, and a drive to succeed.
- Advanced HR certification and Masters degree preferred.
- Proven experience as a consultant (internal or external) for human resources and recruiting teams.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry.
- We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offers several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With over 20 years in technology talent recruiting, Company X is globally recognized as the top recruiting firm for placing technology talent at companies around the world. Our customers are innovative Fortune 500 organizations who have come to expect the best engineers, developers, IT and technology talent placement from our company. Not only do we place tech talent, but we’ve also made technology our business and our TTD app has been rated in the Top 10 Tech Recruiting Tools by Fast Company for the past three years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.