Job Boards Remain Great Candidate Source for Recruiters
*This article was updated as of February 6, 2017. Click here to see a list of job board aggregators.
I know in the past I’ve called for the end of job boards, however, they have remained a great place for companies to reach and engage talent for their organization. It’s only realized if companies appropriately track and measure candidate source using cookies and better candidate source reporting instead of relying on drop down menus in the ATS where candidates self-select how they came about the company.
According to the 2015 Career XRoads Source of Hire report, job boards account for nearly 10% of all hires while job aggregators like SimplyHired and Indeed account for over 17% of all hires of the companies surveyed.
Advantages of Free Job Boards & Free Job Postings
When it comes to job boards, there are several of them out there. In this article we look at some of the best free job boards. I have included job aggregators which aggregate and display your job postings free of charge as well. Not every job board is free, especially to a recruiter. If you are looking to maximize your job posting being seen and to build your candidate pool, this is one of the best ways to do it. Also, take a look at some of the best Niche Job Boards out there for Recruit.
One of the challenges with posting to job boards on free sites is that it is a very manual process. Companies like Broadbean, DirectEmployers and eQuest do offer job board posting products that provide auto publishing to most of the free job boards that are listed below. The fees to automate this are at a cost of several thousand dollars a year and might be a consideration if you or your team are looking to maximize your time.
- PostJobsFree. Post jobs for free. Distribute jobs to all the popular job search sites.
- Career Cast. Career site for finding targeted job opportunities by industry, function, and location
- Iapplicants. Pushes jobs posted on iapplicant to a host of other free job boards.
- USAJOBS. Enabling federal job seekers access to thousands of job opportunities across hundreds of federal agencies and organizations.
- Recruiter. Provides free job postings, and job seekers to be anonymous and receive job alerts.
- WiseStep. Free job posting site specifically for the gig economy.
- Employment Pipeline. Job seekers can search by location or occupation. Job posting is at no cost. They offer additional services for both employers and job seekers.
- ResumeBucket. Companies can post their jobs for free, also provides a free resume builder for the job seekers.
- ZipRecruiter. Employers, recruiters and staffing agencies post jobs free to 100+ job boards with 1 click. Active resume database.
- Veteran Jobs Gateway. A job search community for American military veterans – offers networking opportunities, job boards, and comprehensive online resources for job-hunting
- JobZoom. 100% FREE Job Posting and Distribution! CLICK HERE to Post in Seconds – FACT: We deliver results… – Free employer accounts view screenshots
- Oodle. Online marketplace that offers free job posting. Job seekers can search by location and keyword.
- Resumark. With Resumark.com you list jobs for free and You can also search our entire database of resumes for free using the Google™ search technology.
- Talent-Ninja. Offers a free job posting at a time. Candidates delivered to you via email.
- Wisestep. Job posting platform that also offers a referral system. Total referrals paid to date are over $3 million and counting.
- JobCase. A new social network for the blue collar job seeker community, they also offer free job postings. Members can post on the website forum and allow candidates to have access to a variety of job search resources.
- Jobvertise. The worlds largest FREE jobs and resume database! Employers search resumes and post jobs FREE. Jobseekers post resumes and search jobs FREE.
- Hound. We provide jobs directly from employer websites, job boards, newspapers etc. Browse millions of latest jobs from thousands of companies. Hound your job search here now.
- ResumeLibrary. Resume-Library is America’s leading independent job site dedicated to helping candidates find their dream career and supporting recruiters in sourcing the right talent for their vacancies.
- StackJobs. A UK based job board that focuses on perm and contract IT jobs. This site offers free job postings.
- SmartRecruiters. They offer a free job posting service that is often picked up by the job board aggregators, but the software is generally considered an ATS.
- SquareHire. Free job posting that automates the job posting process to a number of free career sites. I’m not certain the number of sites or the names, but it’s who would it hurt?
Are there any free job boards I missed? Feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll add it to the list.