When you’re interviewing for positions in your human resources department like Employer Brand Manager, it’s particularly important to be able to assess all candidates using the same data (or scoring). This is where structured interviews come in. In a structured interview, questions are determined in advance and consistent. In unstructured interviews, the questions are not set in advance or may come from a loose set of notes from a hiring manager.
Based on the qualifications you’re looking for, your Employer Brand Manager interview questions should be open-ended but structured so that candidates may provide specific information that will distinguish them from the other candidates you’re interviewing for the position. Asking the right questions during the interview is crucial to selecting the right candidates to hire.
List of Interview Questions for Employment Brand Managers
Employer Brand Managers usually have backgrounds in communications-related fields, like public relations, marketing or mass communications, or business disciplines, such as human resources, organizational development or management. The job titles in employer brand are new and are often referred to as Talent Brand or Recruitment Marketing. These jobs are recruiting-specific jobs that are responsible for digital recruiting, employer brand, and recruitment advertising activities including social media, job postings, automation, programmatic advertising, SEO, and other online recruitment subject areas.
They understand key marketing and communications concepts, and they know how to relate these to recruiting and HR strategy. Employment brand managers aren’t likely to be directly involved in recruiting new talent, but they help execute the strategy that makes people want to work for the company.
Employer brand managers normally report to the head of HR or recruitment, however, many have dotted line reporting to the marketing team. It really depends on the structure of the HR team and organization.
Below are a list of Interview questions for Employer Brand Manager and Recruitment Marketing Manager interview questions to get you started. You can access our downloadable resource called for more interview tips and downloadable interview forms to use during the hiring process.
1) Tell me about your experience in marketing, specifically in corporate or company branding.
2) What has your experience with creating campaigns for recruitment marketing looked like? What would you like to do more or less of?
3) What are some long-range marketing objectives that you developed in your last job? What did you do to achieve them?
4) What are the key metrics you focus on to measure employer branding success?
5) How do you stay on top of trends in recruitment marketing and branding?
6) In your current (or most recent) role, what project or strategy that you were responsible for are you the most proud of and why?
7) Can you talk a little bit about your perception of the role of employer branding in candidate experience?
8) In your experience, what is the key to having a strong employer brand?
9) After learning about this opportunity, what made you take the next step and apply for the job?
10) Has your online or digital perception of this opportunity changed based on our interview?
Once the interviews for the job are completed, it’s up to you and your team to decide on which of your top prospects is the one that you are going to offer the job. The key when interviewing and selecting Employer Brand Manager candidates is to be sure of the job requirements and most important skills and abilities to ensure you are selecting the most qualified and capable person for the human resources assistant job you have an opening for.
Grab our downloadable Employer Brand Manager Interview Guide along with a handful of other helpful human resources interview questions guides to help staff up your HR team.