Download our amazing job search guide for FREE. Includes resume, cover letter, & email templates. Click here.https://workology.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=ad-inserter.php#tab-5
HRCI & SHRM Re-Certification Secrets on 6/29 or 7/20 at 11 AM CST. Recert credits available. Register here.
I’m kind of sick of writing about “leadership change”…
I can’t change people and neither can you. But what I can do is cause a disturbance. I use to let fear run my game. Then at about age 37, I tapped out. I was exhausted with trying to make sure everybody was happy…and that’s when the “change” started.
Life doesn’t have to be that hard, we make it that way. By human nature, we try to control people and outcomes. …And until you recognize how YOU CONTROL your business relationships, inherently, only negative outcomes will continue!
Complete our HR & Recruiting Buyer Survey. Enter to win one of five $25 Visa gift cards. Click here.
There really are only 3 simple rules to follow in life:
- Be Honest – You can’t control life…and people will only let you control them for so long!
- Work Hard – Ok, maybe you already do. But start working hard at letting other’s being part of the decision-making process.
- Be Thankful – No matter what doesn’t go as planned, there’s always a silver lining. Look for it, and leverage it towards new business goals.
I don’t care what your title is, where you work, or how much money you make. If you get lost in your ego, it will only be a matter of time before you fail.
ALLOW YOUR YOURSELF TO BE VULNERABLE!
- If you let fear get in the way of making hard choices because you’re gunna get in trouble…then CHOOSE to get in trouble! It’s how you will earn the respect of your peers and have your voice be heard.
- If you let your anger get in the way of good and righteous relationships, then you better be prepared to have people talk about you behind your back. But you probably already hear the whispers… and it’s feeling pretty lonely at the top!
I recently read a few articles that really hit the nail on the head when it comes to business.
- The Marginalized Employee: A Tale of Disengagement by Robin Schooling. Current business attitudes are, “Soul-sucking, Demoralizing, and Marginalizing.”…well said Robin!
- Truth: The Lynchpin of Good Leadership by Todd Nielsen. “Being honest with yourself and others will help to increase your respect, effectiveness, and ability to lead others, and your organization, to success.”
Being vulnerable is sexy because you attract others. You’re interesting because you’re not willing to just be a parrot who repeats orders from the top down. Being vulnerable means you’re not resistant. You are open and willing to listen to outside influence.
Don’t you want to be Sexy?? What’s holding you back?