Top 5 Workplace Blogs of the Week for March 3-9th
We’re blogging LIVE from South by Southwest in Austin, Texas this week! Lots of things are happening and it’s only Friday! While these blogs don’t necessarily have anything to do with #SXSW this is the #SXSW edition because I am here. Argueably, all other editions could be Blake’s Couch addition because that is usually where I write everything else.
- I’ll Say It Again: We Need to Get Rid of Resumes and Job Descriptions: We are starting to hear this topic a lot more in the Huamn Resources space. Get rid of the resume and job descriptions! But why? This blog uncovers some of the reasons we should step away from the traditional resume and description. Click here.
- From the Sourcer’s Desk…those endorsements? They’re a good thing! I recently talked to a professional who isn’t on LinkedIn and it blew my mind. Even if you’re a cashier at Wal-Mart you should have a LinkedIn profile. Endorsements are good for the soul. Click here.
- Unhappy Employees Are Not Disengaged Employees: I used to work for a retail company and sometimes I could come in and not be the most happy of employees….be it because I wasn’t happy or because I didn’t want to be at work. I kept getting talked to that my mood affects the entire office. I was a peon, that should not be the case. I love this article for pointing out that just because you’re unhappy, doesn’t mean you aren’t a good employee. Click here.
- 3 Unorthodox Ways to Motivate Your Workplace: Playing Games, Sleeping, and Muzak can increase motivation in your workplace…say what? Click here.
- The Sure-Fire Way to Burnout & What To Do About It: Are you dreaming big? Learn how to do big things and coop with all the stress. Click here.
And our top blog post of the week on Blogging4Jobs is. . .
- 11 Cool Tips for Job Seekers at SXSW. Written by Stacy Donovan Zapar, our resident LinkedIn Guru on the blog. She gives fabulous tips on LinkedIn and how Job Seekers should be using it here at SXSW. These rules could also apply to using LinkedIn in general. Click here.
What blog post or article did you enjoy reading this week? Please share by leaving a comment below.