HRCI & SHRM Re-Certification Secrets on 7/20 at 11 AM CST. Recert credits available. Register here.
You’re going to SHRM. There are a billion different speakers and conference selections to choose from and you’re lost. You have read every session and still cannot pick out which one will help you and your organization the most. Before selecting your session, make sure to download the SHRM Conference app either here for iTunes and Android before you begin. Make sure to sign in either the app or conference site when selecting sessions so you can keep track of your preferred agenda from your desktop, laptop or mobile phone. Never fear because I have read them about a billion times and have selected the top ten sessions that I feel like will rock your HR world. My absolute favorite is probably the HR’s Secret Weapon session.
- How to Develop A Successful Diversity Program by Patricia McGinlay Clendening on Monday from 7-8:15AM. Developing a successful diversity program is essential to compete in a global work environment. This session will help show you have to lead the culture change by defining diversity, making the business case for it, and developing a vision that’ll help set the stage for a more effective diversity program. Learn more.
- HR’s Secret Weapon: The Power of Analytics by Chris McLatcher on Monday from 7-8:15AM. In a world of numbers a Human Resources department will struggle to show their value in the overall strategic vision in a company. This session will give you the competitive edge in helping to prove the power of your HR department through the use of analytics and data. This session will help you gain a deeper understanding in how big data shapes the HR landscape. Learn more.
- Building a Better Mouse Trap. To BYOD or Not? by Louis Richard Lessig on Monday from 2:00 – 3:15 PM. As more employers look to bring your own device policies, it’s important to know to separate employer information from employee information, and if you can. Learn more.
- The 20 Essential Characteristics of Successful Workplace Wellness Programs by Don Powell on Monday from 2-3:15PM. Learning to develop and implement a successful workplace wellness program can end up saving your workers millions in healthcare costs. A healthier workforce also promotes a more stable and productive environment. Learn more.
- Producing Real Results with Virtual Teams by Ann Max on Tuesday from 7-8:15AM. With the news surrounding Marissa Mayer’s decision to eradicate the work-from-home policy it’s important to understand the benefits and how-tos on working with a virtual team. Ann Max speaks on how to implement the key attributes of managing a virtual team. Learn more.
- Using Social Media to Drive Your Employment Brand by Tara Noonan Amaral on Tuesday from 10:45 – 12PM. Learn how to plan and execute a program to establish or enhance your employment brand on social media sites with particular focus on avoiding pitfalls and measuring success. Learn more.
- 11 Steps to Integrate Social Media into Your Organization by Joe Rotella on Tuesday from 2:15 – 3:30PM. Companies are struggling to find their place in the social landscape. It’s not so easy to navigate through the hundreds of social properties much less figure out the right ones to be apart of. Learn more.
- The Patchwork Quilt – Employment Law Basics for LGBT Employees by Jonathan Yarborough on Tuesday from 4-5:15 PM. We’ve written about employment law at Blogging4Jobs and employee rights for the LGBT community several times. It’s good to stay up to date especially when there is so many state specific laws that are changing. Learn more.
- The Crowdsourced Performance Review: The New Social Era in HR? by Eric Mosley on Wednesday from 10-11:15AM. As crowdsourcing becomes more and more intertwined within businesses this session is a must attend. Learn of ways to leverage crowd sourcing tools & social techniques to redefine performance management and find out who & what is driving your business. Learn more.
- Everybody Hates Workers Comp – Mini-Boot Camp for HR Managers by Margaret P. Spence on Wednesday from 11:30 – 12:45PM. Get practical strategies and tools to combat workers comp manipulation and create proactive policies to manage workplace injuries and reduce costs. Join Margaret for this mini boot camp on worker’s compensation. Learn more.
Which session are you most excited for? Is there a keynote speaker, SHRM party or expo hall booth that you are looking forward to swinging by or attending? Share your experience by leaving a comment below.