Anthony Radu | , , , ,| By
These days, a significant number of people choose blogging as their career. It doesn’t require you to get a degree in order to become a success at blogging. In fact, you can take a look at this blog with writing tips to learn ways to blog successfully. Blogging is as simple as being able to write in a clear and fluent way and maintain an appealing blog presence. There are both advantages and disadvantages of blogging.
- Get a Better Job – Nine out of ten companies browse through profiles online in order to make a new hire, according to MediaBistro. In fact, employers generally prefer hiring people who have an established online presence and influence.
Mark Schaefer stated in an interview on Inc.com that influences is the driving factor of word-of-mouth validation and is usually the most cost-effective and powerful marketing technique out there. In other words, when you have a positive online influence, employers will seek you out and want to hire you and blogging is the absolute easiest way of achieving this.
- Starting a Business – In many cases, blogging starts as a hobby before it turns into a full-time business. Many bloggers begin part time. In fact, many of the blogs you see online come from part-time bloggers and they are still successful, but they usually have a side job as well. However, there are those die hard, full-time bloggers out there that their only source of income is through their blog. These bloggers are passionate and professional.
- Obtain More Customers – Blogging can help you obtain more customers to an existing business. When you have a static website, usually your potential customers will browse it once and if they don’t see anything that interests them, they move on. However, when you have a regularly updated blog, readers will come back which means more potential for them to turn into customers of yours for your business since you are building trust and credibility.
- Sharing Knowledge – Having a blog is a great way to share your expertise in something. It’s a great way to attract people who are looking for cutting-edge information.
- Flexibility – You get to work when you want from anywhere you want. No longer are you strapped to a chair or desk. You can work anywhere in the world. You can work while on vacation, while being a passenger in a car or anywhere else you choose. All you need is a laptop or desktop and wireless internet.
- Laziness – Blogging can get tedious and sometimes people get lazy about it. Believe it or not, it can seem like a daunting task to actually write that blog post and publish it to some people. Not publishing content regularly is a sure way of not succeeding in blogging.
- Reputation Assaults – There is always the chance for reputation assaults no matter how well you craft a blog post or prescreen content. The fact that it is too easy to automate content these days leaves too much room for reputation assaults.
- Blogs Take Time – This is probably the biggest disadvantage to people since people are by nature attracted to instant gratification. While it doesn’t cost much to set up a blog and get content on it, you still have a big investment of time you need to put into it in order to profit from it. In order to reap the rewards of blogging, you must first dedicate the initial period of hard work and frustration.