Have you ever worked for someone that moved like the Energizer Bunny? Every day the individual challenged you and others with a motivational speech that would inspire Droopy to put pep in his step. At the end of each day, did you find yourself eager to return the next morning to be a part of the excitement?
Professionals Find a Hidden Reward
We as human beings are curious by nature with an insatiable appetite to find passion in something, or, someone that will lead us on an exciting adventure. When placed in an environment with someone that stimulates this curiosity, we move with a rhythmic dance to the beat of the individuals drum. These types of individuals are contagious in a team environment and make incredible leaders. They can turn a failing company into an industry leading expert with candidates knocking down doors in order to be a part of the adventure.
Your company’s corporate recruiters are experts at discerning whether or not an individual possesses the ability to lead and motivate others. They know that inspirational leaders possess 2 Soft Skills: #1 Passion and #2 Maze Bright Thinking. These two skills work together to move individuals through all life mazes in order to obtain the golden cheese. There are four questions a recruiter will ask the candidate:
- Why are you an XYZ (individuals’ profession)?
- How did you become an XYZ?
- What is the most important thing you have done as an XYZ?
- Do you ever want to do anything other than XYZ?
Individuals that are driven with passion in their particular profession will have reached the highest levels of achievement within the field. They will know numerous contacts for connecting individuals to complete current goals and objectives. They will work vigorously on a goal for hours, days, weeks, months, and sometimes, years in order to feast on the golden cheese. You will not find them giving up simply because a door closed. If the door closed, they will find a window to continue the journey through the maze in order to find the cheese. These driven professionals have 3 things in common:
- A bucket full of courage. Fear is fuel for movement.
- Determination. Failure is not an option. But, if it happens, try again, and again, and again.
- Self-Motivated. Be consistent in your actions.
An individual that is constantly asking questions to discern whether or not they should move forward with the task at hand is most likely a maze bright individual. Have you ever noticed the individual in the meeting that is questioning everyone? And, once the answer is provided, they question them again? Did you also notice that they never become angry with the individual. In fact, the more the individual challenges them on a topic, the more engaged they become in the conversation. There are seven signs to find maze-bright individuals.
- Emotional Intelligence – Individuals remain calm during controversial conversations
- Idiosyncrasies – Dumping contacts for illogical reasoning
- Controversy – Gather information from individuals that share alternate views.
- Alternate Discussions – All discussions are open game.
- Conversational Condescending – You have no need to condescend others with “sugar pie” or “honey” because you are confident in your theories.
- Why? You will ask why about anything and everything at any time for any reason.
- Questions – You ask questions all the time.
UTILIZE YOUR RECRUITERS SKILLS TO FIND THE DRIVEN PROFESSIONALS
One of the main reasons recruiters are drawn to the profession of recruiting is because they are maze-bright individuals with a passion for connecting others. If you followed each and every one of them during childhood, they would have been found doing any of the following:
- Attempting to figure out how to obtain a cookie out of the jar before mom turned around to set the table for dinner.
- Constantly asking questions to anyone that would pay them attention and engage in conversation for hours.
- Figuring out how to build a playhouse and charge the neighborhood kids for admission.
- Influencing grandpa to allow them to drive the truck to the mailbox without him inside the vehicle.
Recruiters at an early age were passionate about increasing their skills quickly in order to achieve all mazes placed before them to obtain the cheese. You have an incredible resource at your fingertips that are highly driven and skilled at locating driven professionals. If they are in the recruiting profession, they have an innate desire to find “the candidate” to fill “the job” that will bring them and the company to “the golden cheese”.