Ten Companies with the Hottest Culture Perks
Stephanie Krieg | Work| By
Perks like bringing your dog to the office, Volunteer Time Off, and beer Fridays are becoming pretty standard at companies who take care of their people. There are some companies out there that are stepping up their culture game with their innovative ideas to keep employees happy. What perks are hotter than Miley Cyrus twerkin’? Here’s this Chick’s picks for some of the best cultural perks.
Ten companies wil the hottest culture perks
- Angie’s List – Bringing Fido to work is Y2K because this company is home to Urban Chickens that provide eggs for the company’s Garden Club.
- Whole Foods – There’s no whole health mandate here. Health benefits are voted on by employees every 3 years.
- Full Contact – $7,500 for your vacation. Of course there’s a catch. You have to be completely off the grid during your vacation.
- Mindvalley – MIndvalley’s goal is to be one of the World’s Best Companies to Work For by 2020. How are they gearing up for this? By giving employees unlimited funds to buy personal growth books on Amazon. Awesomeness.
- lululemon – Forget putting in an office gym. lululemon offers free local fitness classes like CrossFit, Yoga, and Pure Barre to educators.
- Evernote – Are your cleaning skills not on par? Don worry, it’s not a job requirement to work here and Evernote offers employees free bi-monthly housecleaning.
- The Motley Fool – All the cool Fools work here and get $1,200 for a gym membership, tuition, work-at-home hardware, domestic partner insurance, and many other approved expenses.
- SmartBear – Solitary Refinement. These bears hibernate for an hour a week, sitting quietly in a room for an hour and try to solve a problem that they may be having.
- TravelZoo – Look like a monkey and want to visit a zoo? Work here and go on a “Travelzoo Experience”, a program that offers staff the opportunity to travel and test deals that the company publishes. Then, your Experience report back on your adventure and experience.
- Zappos – Free lunches, vending machines, discounted gourmet coffee, and a complementary membership to Weight Watchers. Zappos has exceeded far behind it’s parent companies wild expectations when it was named a “Top Places to Work For” in 2009.
Culture is all about the people. At the end of the day, the best perk you can give your employees is purpose or a reason to get out of bed in the morning, coupled with recognition for all of their hard work.
What perks do you see poppin’ off? Holla!
Company Kitchen says
Company Kitchen offers an incredible benefit at NO COST to employers. It converts breakrooms from old vending machine banks to modern mini markets. Fresh foods, snacks and beverages are all available. Check ’em out at http://www.CompanyKitchen.com