HRCI & SHRM Re-Certification Secrets on 6/29 or 7/20 at 11 AM CST. Recert credits available. Register here.
Hello and welcome to the 2016 SHRM Unofficial Party, Reception, Meetup, Cocktail and Activities List. Let’s get this party started in Washington, D.C.! Recently updated or added parties, events or mixers within the last 48 hours will have a *New* or *Updated* tag. To receive this information immediately, text ‘SHRM” to 55678.
RULES OF THE BLOGGING4JOBS PARTY GUIDE
During the Annual SHRM Conference, this party guide has been the most popular blog on the site for 5 years running. In order to maintain the spirit and fun of the aggregated party list, please adhere to some guidelines per the request of our blogging team and those vendors who pay to facilitate these events.
- You must be registered for the SHRM annual conference.
- You must follow registration instructions to attend the event.
- Please bring your badge to prove registration.
- We are not responsible if event becomes full or is sold out.
SOCIETY OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
For human resource managers, an HR conference is a must. The SHRM 2016 Annual Conference is right around the corner. This year the national conference is being held from June 19-22nd in Washington D.C. and if you haven’t registered yet, get over to SHRM.org and get on it! Party information is listed below, but if you’d like to stay current with party reminders and new events as they surface, text SHRM to 55678. Of course it’s not only the training for HR professionals that makes national HR conferences such an important part of continuing education in HR management. As with anything, it’s the people you met and the networking that goes on from being able to relate to people in a conference setting. A very important part of that is the conference parties. But first, if you happen to be taking your children to the SHRM conference, I might advise that the party nightlife might not be the best environment for them.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HUMAN RESOURCE CONFERENCE AND PARTIES IN DC
This year’s SHRM Annual Conference is different because it’s in the SHRMies home town. Look for fun informal meetups, dinners and cocktail receptions as well as attendee organized sightseeing. I’ll be including as much as I am able within the party list. My best suggestion in terms of staying up to date on these events is to sign up for the text group by texting ‘SHRM’ to 55678. I’ll send out new parties, unofficial events and meetups as they become available. Generally these come to me via email during the conference or by one of my Blogging4Jobs party spies who is working to provide you with the most complete list of activities and events to enjoy SHRM to its fullest.
Complete our HR & Recruiting Buyer Survey. Enter to win one of five $25 Visa gift cards. Click here.
SHRM ANNUAL CONF. 2016 PARTY & EVENT GUIDE
PRE-CONFERENCE: SATURDAY, JUNE 18th, 2016
Saturday Morning FUN RUN. Washington Lodge 2 15th NW District of Columbia (East side of monument). 8:00 AM. Click here. Unofficial event.
DAY 1: SUNDAY, JUNE 19th, 2016
- NOVA SHRM Party. The Loft 600 F Street NW, Washington, District of Columbia. 5:00-8:00 PM. Listed as “by invitation only.” Click here to learn more.
- Sunday Brunch (Attendee Driven). BOE Restaurant and Bar. 11:30 AM-2:00 PM. $10. Brunch Menu. Click here to register.
HR Department of One Meetup (Attendee Driven). Walter E. Washington Convention Center Room 209. 11:00 AM-3:00 PM. Click here to see discussion board thread.
Sunday Night Meetup (Attendee Driven). 6th Street Lobby Bar at 2660 Woodley Rd NW, Washington, DC. 5:30-? Click here to see discussion board thread.
- Grand Opening Reception in the SHRM Exposition Hall. Walter E. Washington Convention Center Exhibition Hall. 4:00-7:00 PM. Open to badge holders.
- *Updated* Rooftop Roast. DNV Rooftop – 1155 14th Street Northwest, Washington, DC. 5:00-10:00 PM. Cost is $40. Click here to register.
- *New* PICA/California HR Professionals Meetup. Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House at 950 I St. NW, Ste 501, Washington, DC. 7:00-9:00 PM. Click here to register.
- *New* Sunday Night Bowling (Attendee Driven). Pinstripes at 1064 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington DC. 7:00-10:00 PM. Click here to sign up using Google Doc. Click here to see discussion thread for more information.
- *New* Rooftop Cocktails and Dinner. Powered by TicketsatWork and Universal Orland Resort. Capital View at 400 at 444 North Capitol St. NW, Washington DC. 7:30 PM-?. Private event. Visit the sponsor booth to ask for event access.
DAY 2: MONDAY, JUNE 20TH, 2016
- Fisher & Phillips Cocktail Reception. Smithsonian National Museum of American History at 1400 Constitution Avenue NW Washington, DC. 6:30-9:30 PM. Click here to register.
- Sterling Background Check Cocktail Reception. International Spy Museum at 800 F Street NW, Washington, DC. 5:30-8:00 PM. Click here to register.
- Michigan SHRM Council Networking. Capital City Bike Tours/Tonic Restaurant at 502 23rd St. NW Washington DC. 5:45-10:00 PM. (Bike tour from 6-8 PM with the networking dinner happening starting at 8 PM.) Cost is $25 for dinner and bike tour or $15 for bike tour or dinner.) Click here to register by 6/16/16)
- Three Hour Night Tour (Attendee Driven). See the sights. Meet at CitySights DC Ticket Desk: Union Station Main Lobby 50 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Washington, DC 15 minutes before departure. 6:30-9:30 PM. City Tour Registration Page. Click here for discounted tickets on Groupon. Connect with Janine on Facebook for questions.
- Non Profit HR Networking. Sponsored by Nonprofit HR. Long View Gallery at 1234 9th St NW Washington, DC. 6:00-8:00 PM. Click here to register.
- LGBT Happy Hour. JR’s Bar and Grill at 1519 17th St NW, Washington, DC. 8:00 PM-?. RSVP on Discussion Thread by clicking here.
- Cocktails and Conversation at SHRM for Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Oklahoma SHRM members. Carmine’s Penn Quarter at 425 7th Street, NW Washington D.C. 5:30-7:30 PM. Click here to register.
- NH Dinner Night. Group is coordinating with SHRM’s Meet to Eat. Restaurant TBD. 6:30ish-?. Email your registration to PaulBelliveau@comcast.net. Paul will share with you the restaurant location.
- *Updated* A Certified Good Time Party. Powered by SHRM.Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square 801 K St NW Washington, DC. 5:30 PM-? This event is no longer accepting RSVPs.
- Portraits of Success Party. Powered by HRCI. Smithsonian Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture at 8th and G Street. 7:00 PM-? 8th & G Streets Washington, DC. Click here to register.
- *New* Learning and Development Happy Hour (Attendee Driven). Bar 7 at 1015 1/2 7th St NW, Washington DC. 5:30-8:30 PM. Click thread to register and for more information. Look for red balloons at location to designate group.
- *New* Vegetarian Networking Meetup (Attendee Driven). Shouk at 655 K St. NW Washington, DC. 6:00 PM-?. RSVP to email@example.com. Click here to see discussion thread.
- *New* North Central SHRM Get Together (IN, IL, OH, ND, SD, WI, MI, IA, MN & NE). Renaissance Hotel at 999 Ninth St. NW Washington, DC Meeting Rm 12-14. 6:00-8:00 PM. No registration required.
DAY 3: TUESDAY, JUNE 21ST, 2016
- *New* Breakfast on the Bus. Hosted by Online Visas. At the corner of 7th St. NW & L St. NW, Washington, DC. 7:15 AM-8:15 AM. Click here to register.
- *New* Vegetarian Networking Meetup (Attendee Driven). Busbos & Poets at 1025 5th St. NW Washington, DC. 6:00 PM-?. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to see discussion thread.
- *Updated* Craft Beer Tuesday Meetup. (Attendee Driven). Churchkey 1337 14th St. NW, Washington DC. 6:00 PM-?. Register by clicking here for Facebook Event or by joining the Facebook Group.
- Train Concert. Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Arrive early to get a good seat. 8:00 PM. Additional tickets for purchase $95 each. Click here for more details.
Text ‘SHRM’ to 55678 to receive conference party reminders, announcements and other happenings sent via text. Look for more great SHRM 2016 conference content coming soon.
READ MORE SHRM ANNUAL CONFERENCE RESOURCES
- How to Get the Most Out of SHRM ~ Podcast