HRCI & SHRM Re-Certification Secrets on 6/29 or 7/20 at 11 AM CST. Recert credits available. Register here.
Thanks to our Party Guide sponsor, TalentWise. Visit them at booth 665 in Orlando.
RULES OF THE BLOGGING4JOBS PARTY GUIDE
During the Annual SHRM Conference, this party guide is the most popular blog on the site for 3 years running. In order to maintain the spirit and fun of the aggregated party list, please adhere to some guidelines per the request of our blogging team and those vendors who pay to facilitate these events.
- You must be registered for the SHRM annual conference.
- You must follow registration instructions to attend the event.
- Please bring your badge to prove registration.
- We are not responsible if event becomes full or is sold out.
SOCIETY OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
For human resource managers, an HR conference is a must. The SHRM 2014 Annual Conference is right around the corner. This year the national conference is being held from June 22-25th in Orlando and if you haven’t registered yet, get over to SHRM.org and get on it! Party information is listed below, but if you’d like to stay current with party reminders and new events as they surface, text SHRM to 55678. Of course it’s not only the training for HR professionals that makes national HR commences such an important part of continuing education in HR management. As with anything, it’s the people you met and the networking that goes on form being able to relate to people in a conference setting. A very important part of that are the conference parties. But first, if you happen to be taking your children to the SHRM conference, I might advise that the party nightlife might not be the best environment for them.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HUMAN RESOURCE CONFERENCE AND PARTIES IN ORLANDO
My secret to conferences including this year’s SHRM Conference in Orlando is simple. I try to make it into my room just before 2:00 AM. I’m not the first to go home from a night out among my friends, and I’m not the last. I sleep five hours and am up by 7:00 AM and back into the conference folds by 8:30 AM. I eat, attend sessions, demo products, and meet with HR folks. I love doing this! Around 4:00 PM I am dragging so I wait for my second wind except that it doesn’t happen. I head back to my hotel to grab a couple hours of sleep. I’m recharged, refreshed, and just in time for dinner and the night life all over again. Because of the sheer size of SHRM 2014 Annual Conference (it’s 15,000+ attendees strong), there is a lot going on especially after hours. Let me tell you those SHRM parties do not disappoint. The last 3 years I got a lot of great feedback on my Official Party Guide’s for SHRM, and so I bring you the 2014 version.
Complete our HR & Recruiting Buyer Survey. Enter to win one of five $25 Visa gift cards. Click here.
SHRM ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2014 PARTY GUIDE
Day 1: Sunday, June 22nd, 2014
- HRCI Influencer Lunch. Hosted by HRCI. Cuba Libre Orlando. 9101 International Drive, Orlando. 10:00 AM-1:00 PM. Invitation only. Registration required.
- PIHRA & NCHRA Reception. Sponsored by HRCloud.com. Hosted reception for California HR Practitioners. Copper Canyon Grill, 9101 International Dr, #1220, Orlando. 7:00-8:30pm. Registration is currently closed.
Day 2: Monday, June 23, 2014
- Northern New England Law Publishers cocktail reception. Hosted by the Northern New England Law Publishers. B.B. King’s Blues Club at 9101 International Dr. Orlando. 6:00 PM-9:00 PM. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HR Florida’s Summer Blizzard. Hosted by HR Florida. Icebar Orlando at 8967 International Drive. Orlando. 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. Register here.
- Fisher & Phillips Orlando Conference Party. Hosted by Fisher & Phillips. Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar at
9101 International Drive, Orlando. Register here.
- SHRM’s Social Bast. Sponsored by Glassdoor. Hard Rock Cafe Universal Citywalk at 6040 Universal Boulevard. Orlando.
- Constangy Cocktails & Dinner Event. Hosted by Constangy. (Update: 6/11/14: This event is full and Rebecca at Constangy has requested I remove RSVP information from this party guide).
- Cocktail Party. Hosted by BackTrack and HireSmart. Tommy Bahama at 9101 International Drive #1200, Orlando. 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. No RSVP info listed. Click here for details.
- HRCI Connect Party. Hosted by HRCI. World Showplace Pavilion, Epcot Theme Park, Orlando. 7:00 PM-10:00 PM. Invitation and RSVP Required. Click here for details.
Day 3: Tuesday, June 24, 2014
- 2014 PA & NJ SHRM Reception. Hosted by Chartwell Law Offices. Hilton Orlando, 6001 Destination Parkway, Orlando. 5:30 PM -7:30 PM. RSVP to Robert J. Baker, Esquire at email@example.com by June 18.
- SHRM Tim McGraw Concert. Hosted by SHRM. Orlando Convention Center. 8:00 PM-9:30 PM. All conference attendees receive one free ticket. Additional tickets can be purchased for $90 each. More info.
Text ‘SHRM’ to 55678 to receive conference party reminders, announcements and other happenings sent via text. Look for more great SHRM 2014 conference content coming soon.