Jessica Miller-Merrell | , , , ,| By
Job descriptions are tedious. I know this as I’ve been developing a series of HR and recruiting job descriptions. These take time to develop and make compelling to reach your qualified candidate audience which in this case is the recruiting coordinator position. Job posts like the one you see below are essentially talent brand marketing, job descriptions are meant for use on your career site and for links in job posts to give a job seeker more detailed information. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site.
If you are charged with developing your own job descriptions, I’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template. Feel free to use this job description template as a guide in helping develop your own for the recruiting coordinator and other positions.
Understing the Recruiting Coordinator Position
A true administrative position, the recruiting coordinator is responsible for administrative tasks within hiring including the ATS, maintaining reports, and typically the scheduling and organization of interviews. This role is focused on the administration that provides a valuable service to the organization in maintaining order and a system specifically for recruiting and hiring. They are hourly non-exempt workers.
A Recruiting Coordinator’s compensation range in the U.S. averages 45,000. Those in the 90th percentile make $61,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $45,000.
Recruiting Coordinator Job Description
Initech is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional Recruiting Coordinator for an internal role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Austin, TX. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for a wide variety of HR tasks that include maintaining HR reports, ATS management, interview screening and scheduling and organization of recruiting efforts as well as employee relations liaison for our contract workforce.
A typical day as Recruiting Coordinator includes:
- Managing data input and output for ATS and other recruiting software.
- Reporting and analytics for various functions within our recruiting department.
- Supporting recruiters and HR staff in candidate experience, including scheduling and organizing candidate interviews (25% in person, 75% by video conference) for positions and placement at client offices all over the U.S.
- Internal recruiting department updates and messaging on our internal site.
- Working face-to-face or by phone/video direct contact with our contract workforce to answer questions that fall under employee relations.
What you’ll like most about working in Recruiting at Initech:
- We take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, HR or related field.
- Have 2+ years of experience working in human resources in support or administrative role.
- Have solid communication and analytical skills, a basic understanding of talent management and applicant systems, strong organizational skills
- Are deadline oriented and able to identify and address obstacles quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in recruiting or human resources at the administrative or entry level.
- A background in customer service, internal or external.
- Experience working in multiple roles in support of a large team.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry.
- We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offers several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Initech has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Initech successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.