Job descriptions are really the foundation of effective hiring. They provide insights on the job role and help set expectations on the requirements of the job opening for a role like HR Coordinator but also when it comes to the company culture, commute time, and benefits offered.
Job descriptions are forms of talent brand marketing and dare meant for use on your career site and for links in job posts to give a job seeker more detailed information. Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
Recruiter Job Duties and Salary Range
A recruiter specializes in the hiring and selection of open positions within an organization. This role serves as a project manager of sorts maintaining a number of open job listings or requisitions that the organization is hiring for. Recruiters may source although their role is largely managing and selecting the most qualified 3-5 candidates for an open position from job seekers who applied for a position through a company’s career site and applicant tracking system.
The recruiters most commonly works with candidates and hiring managers. Depending on the organization size and industry, a recruiter can specialize in a certain area, region, division such as serving as a technical recruiter, diversity, recruiter for the central region, or a sales recruiter. The position is normally an exempt level or contract role within an organization.
The average salary for a Recruiter is $48,554 per year. Those in the 90th percentile make $74,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $34,000.
Recruiter Job Description
TechTalent Drive is a U.S.-based recruiting firm specializing in sourcing and placement for technology-based positions, from IT managers to engineers to Chief Technology Officers, at top tech organizations around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Recruiter to partner with our human resources team at our corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for screening candidates, interviewing, scoring, diversity and inclusion programs, and developing SLAs for managers hiring top technology talent for our corporate clients in the United States.
A typical day as Recruiter includes:
- Working with hiring managers within our organization to identify their needs and develop SLAs for open positions.
- Screening candidates in various stages of our online apply process and moving qualified candidates through our talent pipeline for technology positions.
- Setting goals based on talent marketplace and industry benchmarks and reporting key results.
- Ensuring a best-in-class candidate experience from apply to interview.
- Communicate frequently with hiring managers and internal stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our U.S.-based corporate technology clients.
What you’ll like most about working at TechTalent Drive:
- We know technology and our recruiters work within a unique AGILE project workflow, each team member owns their resources and is driven to find the best talent in our industry.
- Everyone at TechTalent Drive contributes to development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our recruiting team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- Have SHRM, HRCI, or equivalent certifications.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a recruiting function within the tech industry or the equivalent.
- Have solid communication and relationship building skills combined with basic technical
- Proven experience as a technology focused recruiter (internal or external) for internal or external clients.
- Familiarity with recruitment marketing and building talent pipelines.
- Deep knowledge of the technology industry a plus.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefit package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry.
- We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offer several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With over 20 years in technology talent recruiting, TechTalent Drive is globally recognized as the top recruiting firm for placing technology talent at companies around the world. Our customers are innovative Fortune 500 organizations who have come to expect the best engineers, developers, IT and technology talent placement from our company. Not only do we place tech talent, we’ve made technology our business and our TTD app has been rated in the Top 10 Tech Recruiting Tools by Fast Company for the past three years.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.