#HRTechConf Unofficial Party Guide
Jessica Miller-Merrell | HR| By
HUMAN RESOURCE TECHNOLOGY ANNUAL CONFERENCE
For human resource managers, an HR conference is a must. The 2012 HR Technology Conference is right around the corner. This year the national conference is being held from October 8-10th in Chicago and if you haven’t registered yet, get over to and get on it! Use the ‘TINCUP12’ discount code and save $500 on conference registration. Party information is listed below, but if you’d like to stay current with party reminders and new events as they surface, text HRTech12 to 55678.
Of course it’s not only the training for HR professionals that makes national HR commences such an important part of continuing education in HR management. As with anything, it’s the people you met and the networking that goes on form being able to relate to people in a conference setting. A very important part of that are the conference parties.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HUMAN RESOURCE CONFERENCE AND PARTIES
My secret to conferences including this year’s Human Resources Technology Conference in Chicago is simple. I try to make it into my room just before 2:00 AM. I’m not the first to go home from a night out among my friends, and I’m not the last. I sleep five hours and am up by 7:00 AM and back into the conference folds by 8:30 AM. I eat, attend sessions, demo products, visit the vendor hall, and meet with HR folks. Here’s a complete guide of the vendor hall exhibitors for the HR Technology Conference. I love doing this!
Around 4:00 PM I am dragging so I wait for my second wind except that it doesn’t happen. I head back to my hotel to grab a couple hours of sleep. I’m recharged, refreshed, and just in time for dinner and the night life all over again.
Because of the sheer size of HR Tech 2012 Annual Conference (it’s 4,000+ attendees strong), there is a lot going on especially after hours. Let me tell you those HRTech parties do not disappoint.
HR Tech CONFERENCE 2012 PARTY GUIDE
If you have a party, that is not included in this list, leave a comment, and I’ll add it. Make sure to include a link or phone number so HR folks know how to register and a location of where to go. You can also contact me via email.
HR Tech Pre-Conference; Sunday, October 7th
- HR Tech Opening Reception Party. Hosted by the HR Technology Conference. 5:00 PM-6:30 PM. McCormick Place Conference Center 2301 Lake Shore Drive Chicago. Free & open to HRTech attendees. No registration required.
- The Gifted & Talented Program. Hosted by Talent Net Live. 7:30 PM-?. Sub51 inside of Hub 51 at 51 W. Hubbard St. Chicago. Cost is $75. Register. **Only waitlist available.
- Operation: HR Tech Party. Hosted by Hireology, Illinois Technology Association, HRTech Blog, DriveThruHR, & Dice. 6:30 PM-9:30 PM. The Underground at 56 W. Illinois St. Chicago. Cost is free and open to those who are registered for the conference. Register.
HR Tech Conf Day 1; Monday, October 8th
- No Boundaries Better Together Party. Hosted by SAP & Success Factors. 6:30 PM-10:30 PM. House of Blues 329 North Dearborn Street Chicago. Free & open to HRTech attendees. No registration required.
- The Record Breaker Bash. Hosted by Starr Conspiracy and sponsored by Atango & Wowzer. 7:00 PM-10:00 PM. Reggie’s 2109 S. Slate Street Chicago. Cost is free. Register.
- Dinner & Drinks. Hosted by SafeGuard. 6:30 PM-9:30 PM. Buddy Guy Legends 700 South Wabash Avenue Chicago. Cost is free. Details here. Register by Sept. 28th via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HR Spark. Hosted by Spark Hire. 7:0o PM-11:00 PM. Joe’s Bar at 940 W. Weed Street Chicago. Cost is free. Register.
- HireVue Party. Hosted by HireVue. 6:00 PM-??. The Roof at Wit Hotel at 201 North State Chicago. Cost is free. RSVP to Amy Kreider at email@example.com. (I’m certain this party is off the hook. Didn’t they just get a bazillion dollars in VC funding?)
- Candidate Experience Awards Reception. Hosted by the Talent Board. 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. Bistro151 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago 151 East Wacker Street Chicago. Cost is free. Register.
- Cornerstone OnDemand Cocktail Party. Hosted by Cornerstone OnDemand. 6:00 PM-10:00 PM. Soldier Field 1410 S. Museum Campus Drive Chicago. No need to RSVP. Open to all registered conference attendees.
HR Tech Conf Day 2; Tuesday, October 9th
- CloudMills Lunch. Hosted by CloudMills. 12:15 PM-1:45 PM. McCormick Place Conference Center 2301 Lake Shore Drive Chicago. Room 2474B at the . Cost is free. RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NorthgateArinso Dinner Party with Chef Rick Bayless. Hosted by Mike Ettling. 6:30 PM-?. Topolobampo 445 North Clark Street Chicago (10 min cab ride from McCormick Place). Cost is free but space is limited. RSVP to Cristina at email@example.com or (404) 889-4622.
- After Party. Hosted by Rivis. 6:00 PM-7:00 PM. Triad Sushi 1933 South Indiana Avenue Chicago. Details here. Cost is free. Request invite via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Register here.
Plan to have fun, meet great Human Resource managers and professionals and don’t forget to grab a handful of business cards and, of course, your dancing shoes. HR Technology Conference parties are not to be missed which is why I’m here to help, Text HRTECH12 to 55678 and I’ll send you new party information as they surface and remind you of the upcoming events, parties, and keynotes 30 minutes before they happen.
Check out our HR Technology Trends & Timeline as well as our Must Sees in Chicago during the HR Tech Conference, and our Top 10 Sessions.
Erin Borgerson says
Great descriptions for the parties going on Jessica! We made a cool infographic to go along with it. Check out the Operation: HR Tech Conference Party Picker here: http://www.hireology.com/blog/bid/87738/Operation-HR-Tech-Conference-Party-Picker
[…] from: #HRTechConf Unofficial Party Guide HR, Recruiting, Social Media … Comments […]
[…] forget to swing by and check out the 2012 HR Technology Unofficial Party Guide. Click here. Be sure to check out our exclusive series on The Future of HR Technology and Mobile […]
[…] sure to check out our HR Technology Unofficial Party Guide for the scoop on the #HRTechConf party scene. Don’t forget to see our Top 10 Sessions at […]
[…] also give us a chance to hang out, get to know each other in a more personal way with all the after hour parties and […]
[…] at Chicago’s House of Blues.But the range of after-hours activities doesn’t end there!#HRTechConf after hours is characterised by both quality and quantity, says US HR blogger Jessica Miller-Merrell: Because […]
[…] this years event won’t be short on parties. Jessica Miller Merrill wrote up a pretty sweet #HRTechConf party guide, outlining the many networking opportunities for […]