Jessica Miller-Merrell | , , , ,| By
What can I say about job descriptions other than they are extremely challenging to write. These are a combination of part job responsibilities and qualifications for a specific role plus part marketing and company culture document sharing insights into what makes your organization a great place for your ideal candidate to work. I consider job descriptions like the one you see below for an HR Generalist to be talent brand marketing. These job descriptions are meant for use on your company career site and for links in job posts to give a job seeker more detailed information. We’ve put together a basic set of guidelines on how to write an effective job description posting and template.
Job descriptions must contain all the important information about the role and should be optimized with keywords that will drive traffic to the listing on your career site.
What’s the Salary Range for an HR Generalist?
Typically a salaried position, human resource generalists may or may not oversee and supervise a staff of employees. As generalists in their roles, these individuals often do a bit of everything including benefits, compensation, recruiting and handling employee relations issues on a daily basis. The responsibilities in this role are very broad, from location forecasting and budgeting, recruiting and interviewing, compliance to overseeing EEOC investigations and claims. HR generalists sometimes process payroll but are less administrative than coordinator or specialist roles. Often they are cross-trained in the administrative tasks for redundancy and in case of emergencies.
An HR Generalist’s compensation range in the U.S. averages $52,440. Those in the 90th percentile make $65,000 per year and those in the 10th percentile have an income of $40,000.
HR Generalist Job Description
Company ABC is a staffing agency in the U.S. known for our creative, marketing, and executive talent placement. We place permanent and contract-to-hire professionals in hard-to-fill positions for organizations from startups to the Fortune 50.
We’re looking for an exceptional HR Generalist for an internal role in human resources at our corporate headquarters in beautiful Duluth, Minnesota. This is a salaried position, full-time, onsite, and responsible for a wide variety of HR tasks that include budgeting, interviewing, benefits and compensation packages as well as employee relations for our contract workforce.
A typical day as HR Generalist includes:
- Interviewing candidates (25% in person, 75% by video conference) for positions and placement at client offices all over the U.S. Scoring and personality index for each candidate and delivering resume packages to our creative and marketing clients.
- Working face-to-face or by phone/video direct contact with our contract workforce to answer questions that fall under employee relations.
- Managing internal HR processes, including client budgets and contracts, work assignment service level agreements, and review of documentation for client communication.
- Communicate frequently with departmental and executive stakeholders to understand the unique needs of our clients in the current talent marketplace.
What you’ll like most about working in Human Resources at Company ABC:
- We take great pride in offering our contract workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
- Everyone at ABC Company contributes to the development of programs, regardless of role. Your input will not only be heard; it will be encouraged.
- As a member of our HR team, you’ll be driving our company culture and what makes us an amazing place to work.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, HR or related field.
- Have SHRM-CP, PHR or other HR certification.
- Have 5+ years of experience working in human resources with proven success metrics.
- Have solid communication and analytical skills, a basic understanding of talent pipeline and candidate lead scoring, interview skills, and experience working with internal executive stakeholders.
- Experience with recruitment marketing (or marketing funnel development in another industry)..
- Proven experience developing, testing and analyzing hiring programs.
- Experience working in multiple roles in human resources.
What we offer our employees:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, plus performance-based bonus incentives.
- Our corporate HQ offers on-site concierge services for dry cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping delivery, as well as catered lunches and a stocked snack and drinks pantry.
- We’re a culture that thrives on training and development and offers several ongoing management training and leadership programs.
With three decades in the staffing industry, Company ABC has become a standout among its peers as a talent-driven, creativity-focused agency. Our employees and contract workforce have ranked us in the top 50 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor every year since 2002. Talent is what makes Company ABC successful, and we’re proud of our ability to deliver top talent to hundreds of well-known organizations for their unique marketing and creative staffing needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. The employee will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Like what you see? Check out the rest of our human resources job titles, HR salary information, and templates.