Personally as well as professionally October seems to be a time of changes, resets, and renews. In October 2004, I separated from my first husband and ended our very unhappy marriage. In October 2009, I left my corporate gig and started out on my own as an entrepreneur. In October 2010, I changed my focus in my business doing more client work and paid speaking.
So it was a surprise to some that know me very well (including my husband, Greg) when a couple weeks ago I posted about hanging up the blog. Since then, I haven’t posted original content on the site as I worked to clear my head and think about what I really and truly want to do for myself, my family, my blog readers, and my business.
And I realized, I can’t give up blogging. It’s part of who I am. But I find myself in 2011 once again refocusing and resetting my business and the blog. That’s something I wanted to share with you.
- I will no longer be posting 5 times a week. Rayanne and her Bonus Track will continue to post daily here but I will be writing 2-3 times a week. Subscribe to the RSS feed to make sure you get all our great information.
- I will be traveling less. I write this as I prepare for a 5 day, 2 conference extravaganza where I’ll be speaking and selling my book. Thank goodness for my Mother In Law. I feel extremely guilty when I leave my daughter for extended periods of time. I will only be traveling 10-15 times a year. You can learn more about my speaking here.
- I’ll be writing more for other publications. Earlier this year I started writing for SmartBrief and late last week I announced that I’ll be writing for Fortune. If I want to spread the message about HR, Recruiting, and social media I have to go beyond the blog.
- I will offer advertising and sponsorships on the blog. We get a ton of traffic here to the site, and I feel Rayanne and I have done a good job of providing good, solid content. I’ve quietly added an advertising page with a media and pricing kit for those that are interested. Momma needs a new pair of shoes or two. Momma also needs to buy Mother in Law a spa day for all her babysitting.
- My business is growing. I offer a combination of corporate HR and Recruiting training and consulting for both corporate clients and vendor and service providers. I am adding a line of webinar training to ToolBox HR an also offering white papers writing services to new and current clients.
Thank you again for your continued readership. These last two weeks has helped me get back in touch with the blog and talk to some of the fantastic readers who read and enjoy the site every single day. Lastly, consider taking my blog reader survey to help me craft future blog content, promotions, and posts. I’m giving away one lucky reader a $100 Visa gift card for those that complete the survey November 15th.