When I started the blog nearly 5 years ago, I never thought that it would be what it is today. It’s the foundation of my business and a place where I can pursue my dreams and passions while serving as a creative outlet. I’ve also come to realize that building a blog takes a lot of work. Most aren’t up for the challenge. Since the blog’s inception I’ve wanted to provide great content with a real voice limiting the BS and giving readers the heart of the matter.
Building and cultivating a blog is not something that everyone can do. It’s particularly challenging for vendors who provide products and services to practitioners whether it’s HR, recruiting, or operations. I am very fortunate that even though I am now a consultant I understand and sometimes speak for the practitioners who are on the corporate front lines every single day. Apparently, that’s a special thing.
Exciting Changes to Blogging4Jobs for 2012
So in 2012 I’m excited to announce some subtle changes in store for Blogging4Jobs.
- Monthly Webinars Covering a Variety of Topics. Experts from across the industry and beyond have agreed to share their insights and knowledge on a myriad of topics. January’s webinar happens to be Mobile Recruiting: The Next Big Thing for HR, Recruiting, and Employee Engagement. It’s scheduled for January 24th at 10 AM CST and is eligible for Strategic HRCI Credit. Register here.
- HR Tech Spotlight. Technology, tools, and services in our industry are changing every single day. It seems like most corporate leaders have to attend a conference or schedule an online product demo to research a product. Sometimes those demos can be intimidating so twice a month I’ll be test driving products and providing insights into how they make our lives easier. I won’t be sugar coating things, and the vendors know this. I’m giving it to you straight — the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Going Beyond the Blog. This means reaching new audiences in new and exciting ways. While I’ll continue to write here, I’ll be writing for a variety of publications including Fortune, SmartBrief, and Working Mother Magazine. If you want to change the world, you have to go where the people are so that’s exactly what I’m doing.
- Q&A’s from the Best Minds in Business. I think it’s important to surround yourself with new information and points of view from every facet of the business. I have some amazing Q&A’s lined up including Guy Kawasaki, Dan Schawbel, and Tori Johnson to name a few. Look for these posts to start hitting the blog in the coming weeks.
- Vendor Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities. I will be offering sponsorship and advertising packages on a limited basis to vendors and service providers. Sometimes this is in the form of a sponsored post or webinar, or small ad placed on the right side of the site. Don’t worry I’m limiting these to no more than 4-6 advertisers. Quality content will continue under no certain terms. (Learn about advertising)
All in all I’m very excited about the opportunities and possibilities that 2012 will bring. Look for some more navigation changes on the site in the coming months. With over 750 blog posts and articles, there is a lot of information here and I want to make it easy to find exactly what you are looking for.