Everything You Need to Know About Artificial Intelligence for HR
Jessica Miller-Merrell | HR| By
This post contains promotional links where we receive compensation. See our FTC disclosure at the end of the article.
The subject of artificial intelligence is a hot one in human resources and recruiting circles and increasingly I’m getting phone calls and messages asking for a list of resources for AI for HR. AI is a hot topic not just in human resources. A recent Zoom survey found that 73% of respondents said they expect AI to have a positive impact on meetings, and 67% claimed the same for augmented reality (AR).
According to Berin’s 2017 Human Capital Trends Report, 38% of companies believe AI and robotics will be fully implemented in their company within 5 years and even more, recent research shows that AI adoption is moving at a pace much quicker than many of us even realize.
List of HR and Recruiting Artificial Intelligence Resources
If you are looking to brush up on the topic of artificial intelligence in recruitment and human capital, I’ve put together a list of recommended resources including an assortment of books, podcasts, articles, and other resources to help you become well-versed in the subject quickly and thoroughly. Over the last several months, I’ve written a number of articles and white papers for clients on how HR leaders can prepare for how AI is changing our workplace landscape. These resources below have been my favorite go to sources for myself and my friends.
- Using AI 4 HR Class – A 5-week class facilitated by Future Workplace that begins Feb. 18th. This online course is designed for HR and recruiting leaders. Use Coupon Code ‘WORKOLOGY’ to save $100 when registering.
- The Definitive Guide to Intelligent Technology in HR – Author, John Sumser has a nice report he has compiled that gives readers a look at the landscape and the future of AI in HR.
- Artificial Intelligence for HR: Use AI to Support and Develop a Successful Workforce – Ben Eubanks has a new book out that provides a nice framework for use of artificial intelligence in AI. Ben’s background as an HR practitioner providers the reader with robust insights.
- Circa 2118: What Humans Will Do When Machines Take Over – Book by job board and talent acquisition expert, Peter Weddle. His book provides an interesting look at the future employment landscape and what HR and recruiting leaders can expect.
- Podcast Ep 154 – Artificial Intelligence Basics for HR and Recruiting -This is a Workology Podcast interview that dives into the basics of artificial intelligence with Dr. Naghid Prasad who has a Ph.D. in AI.
- Podcast Ep 121 – How Artificial Intelligence Creates Discrimination in HR & Recruiting – This is a Workology Podcast interview with Dr. Jutta Treviranus on the subject of artificial intelligence and how it could create discrimination in hiring and recruiting.
- A Look at How AI is Powering HR and the Future Workplace – An article that discusses several sessions and impressions from the HR Technology Conference on the subject of how artificial intelligence is changing and driving innovation in human resources.
Aside from doing several podcast episodes on the subject and fielding questions from colleagues and friends, the topic of AI is weighing heavily on my mind because it not only will change the way I work but how future generations including my 10-year-old daughter will be working. In fact, I’m planning on attending several sessions again at SXSW on the topic of artificial intelligence and related topics including universal basic income which is where many including Peter Weddle think we are heading.
What do you want to know about artificial intelligence in human resource and recruiting? Leave a comment below or send me a message and I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction.
FTC Disclosure: We receive compensation for mentioning several products listed above. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will be good for our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
I love the idea of using AI to handle HR reporting. I noticed that my work is now using Spot who’s AI reporting tool makes it safer for employees to speak up and easier for HR to follow up, even on anonymous reports. Taking the embarrassment out of reporting goes a long way. I am looking forward to this new change.
Zeba Kazi says
Automation has made millions of tasks easier. There are benefits of automation that are now being observed by companies worldwide. Add artificial intelligence to the mix and you have the ingredients to success. Find out how on our blog: https://blog.peoplehum.com/hr-tech/ai-for-business-human-capital-management-people-analytics-and-ai/#bl