Jessica Miller-Merrell | , ,| By
Just finsished reading a blog post Titled “Make a Tweet Plan to Get the Most From Twitter” at http://www.twitip.com/make-a-tweet-plan-to-get-the-most-from-twitter/. The post is great and provides Tweeters ideas to create some structure while providing content to their Tweets. What I loved the most about this blog is the idea of creating a Welcome Tweet Video to distribute to any of your new followers. This is a fantastic idea and can be easily created in a matter of minutes with a webcam providing your followers a short 30 second commercial selling yourself.
Job seekers can use this technique to differentiate themselves against the competition getting the attention of hiring managers and recruiters. A couple of items to consider:
- Keep it short. I recommend 30-60 seconds no more. In this web 2.0 world, we are all multi-tasking and easily distracting.
- Keep your message organized and scripted. When put on the spot, it is easy to get off track when speaking. Two minutes can easily become four. Stay organized and plan key points about yourself that you want to highlight or mention.
- Outline your intentions. If you are using Twitter to find a job, make it known in your commercial. Don’t beat around the bush. Be direct and to the point.
- Include your contact information. Like in the video, find a way to display your contact information. You don’t have to be fancy or technical to get the job done.
- Have a little fun. Being creative and unique is what makes you, you. Include music, photos, art, or a short presentation that differentiates you from the rest.
Need some inspiration? Take a look at Nicole Nicolay’s welcome Twitter video below.