As we begin to see the rays of sunshine begin to shine through the gloom and doom of the economy and the economic recession, it’s important to remember that change is near. This addition of the Carnival of HR highlights Talent Management and the focus on the current and future economies. With so many great submissions concerning Talent Management, we look to highlight some of the best HR, training, and recruiting minds in the industry today.
But first to know where we’re going, we need to know where we’ve been.
- Mick Collins with Info HRM looks at the year in review with What a Year.
- Melissa Prusher of Devon Group with 10 Minutes with Lisa Rowan gives us some insight on the economic rebound.
- Sharlyn Lauby of HR Bartender with a post on Ethics reminding us its important not to always run with the herd regardless of the economy.
And as the economy improves and the inevitable turnover churn begins, bloggers discuss the important of engagement.
Complete our HR & Recruiting Buyer Survey. Enter to win one of five $25 Visa gift cards. Click here.
- Melanie Quinn of Capture ISG with 5 Reasons Why You Need Employee Surveys.
- Jennifer V. Miller & Lisa Rosendahl team up with a dual post on Mentoring. Lisa’s post is A Mentoring Frame of Mind while Jennifer brings a different point of view with The Sweet Spot of Mentoring.
- Jon Ingham with Strategic HCM further explores employee engagement and disects my own post in Developing Social Capital.
Employee engagement and reducing turnover starts from the top down and bottom up.
- Wally Bock from Three Star Leadership bring us Leadership without Position.
- The HR Store encourages others to go bold or go home with, Feedback and Performance Management Reviews.
- Amit Bhagria, of Young HR Manager outlines the steps involved in Performance Consulting and One Step Beyond Training & Development.
- Vishveshwar Jatain of Benify inspires us to do more with 6 Offbeat Ways to Beat Attrition and Improve Retention.
The changing face of HR is key in the financial, corporate recovery, and rebirth.
- Trisha McFarland of HR Ringleader with “Re-Branding HR.”
- Mark Stelzner of Inflexion Advisors and his post, Mad Men and the Future of HR.
- Cathy Martin of Profitability Through Human Capital with HR Rock Stars.
- Gireesh Kumar Sharma of Talent Junction reminds us that HR’s Role is Critical in Terminations.
And for those of us who are the more than 16 million looking for work or those who are considering jumping into the job search, our HR Carnival experts offer some great advice.
- Laurie Ruettiman of Punk Rock HR and Interviews, Unemployment and the Cloud.
- BP Rao of People at Work and Play discusses the social media platform Linkedin with India-Big Market on LinkedIn.
- Ken Klaus of Talent Apps grabbed my attention offering expert advice on engagement and choice with The Da Vinci Conundrum.
Or for those that are looking for those that are looking for more. . .opportunities, more hours in the day, and more fun at work.
- Dan McCarthy of Great Leadership warns us with Head’s Up Your About to be Promoted or Fired.
- i4CP and their post Uncovering the Secrets to Higher Productivity by Mark Vickers.
- Drew Tarvin of Humor that Works reminds us that laughter is the best medicine with 101 Ways to Create Humor at Work.
A special thanks to our contributors, HR Minion our humble carnival ring leader as well as the opportunity to host the Carnival. Look for the next Carnival of HR on October 14th hosted by Strategic HCM.