Jessica Miller-Merrell | , , , , , , , ,| By
The future of communication is with mobile technology, and iPhones are no exception. Below are some interesting iPhone apps that can be used in an interesting and usual way while in the job search.
6 Interesting & Obscure iPhone Apps for the Job Search
1. LinkedIn. Access connections, view your profile and immediately invite others allowing you to networking anytime and anywhere with just the touch of a button. Be sure to update your profile and keep others in the know.
2. Jobcompass. This application allows you to access online job postings anytime and anywhere. Use the keyword search function and sort by distance from your location. View job descriptions and email job details with ease.
3. PublicSpeech. This application is a great tool that allows you to record and save your speeches. I recommend using this app to perfect your elevator pitch and to record and analyze your responses to interview questions.
4. MyCard Free. Don’t commit the cardinal sin of networking. Never been without a business card with MyCard Free. Exchange electronic business cards with MyCard Free application. Send a card or exchange with other iPhone app users.
5. Action Word Lite. This application provides impactful auction words sorted by category and its usage in sentence form. This application is great and very useful for quickly updating resume, cover letters, or as part of interview preparation in a pinch.
6. Twitter Summarizer. Easily keyword search Twitter without a user account to view trends and keyword topics. This application is useful in the job hunt for sorting newly listed job openings and positions that allow you to sort by city or zip code. This app also allows you to stay up to date with trending topics.