Jessica Miller-Merrell | , ,| By
Finding candidates is tough. There are either too many job seekers to choose from or locating that needle in the haystack takes more time, effort and phone calls than time you have. Enter in job boards especially those niche ones that cultivate relationships with the niche and speciality communities and job seekers, you want to reach. They offer a quick and easy way to showcase your specific job posting to the audience of niche job seekers who are interested in hearing about your opportunity. Optimizing your job posting for SEO? That’s another story for another day.
The Magic of Niche Job Boards for Recruiters
The challenge in finding niche job boards is that there are literally millions of job boards to choose from. The market is large and the barrier to entry is small due to job board software and even WordPress sites that allow you to set up a job boards in minutes. It’s hard to separate the quality niche job boards from the rest which is why I wanted to present you with 21 niche and specialty job boards that recruiters should consider posting their job openings.
- Sales Gravy. This is a great job board and site to engage with sales minded job seekers. It’s also a great research tool to understand the sales professional candidate you are engaged and recruiting for.
- Authentic Jobs. A job board designed to reach creative professionals. It has that creative vibe and aesthetic right away.
- MediaBistro. A great site to reach the media job seeker community. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy reading all their killer content.
- SnagaJob. Having spent many years working to recruit hourly and retail workers, SnagaJob offers a community forum, blog and job postings designed to reach the hourly worker. Plus, their company has a great culture.
- College Recruiter. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Steve, the President and his team at College Recruiter since 2009. They provide a wonderful community for college and university recruiters as well as job resources for college students and recent grads not to mention their wonderful job postings.
- TweetMyJobs. My best friend, Mira is their head of sales, and I’ve enjoyed watching this company grow. They offer very creative social recruiting and job posting solutions.
- Dice. If you are looking for technology and IT jobs, Dice is the place to go. They have a number of other very specific niche job board properties to really reach and engage that target job seeker audience. Dice offers a way to reach those data scientist purple squirrels and other extremely competitive and hard to fill job requisitions you have at your company.
- Beyond.com. They have built their business model on niche job boards and have a very large community of candidates and job seekers with opportunities to micro target very specific groups.
- RXInsider. Having recruited and hired my fair share of pharmacy retail jobs, I can attest that the market is extremely competitive. RXInsider offers virtual job fairs as a way to engage and reach pharmacy job seekers.
- FlexJobs. This job board is a paid subscription for job seekers which is different than most job board models. Job postings for employers are free. They offer their candidates job postings for flexible positions and those that are work from home. Because who doesn’t think they get so much more work done in yoga pants? This girl!
- YouTern. This site has it all with a very popular blog that attracts a large following and an engaged community of college students and young professionals, YouTern has a great audience in a very ADD candidate market.
- Craigslist. One of the most effective and often overlooked job boards. There is an art to posting and reaching job seekers using CL.
- OilCareers. A recent acquisition by Dice Holdings, this site is for job listings in the Oil and Gas community which is highly competitive especially in Oklahoma, Texas, Montana and New Mexico. This is a great site to reach job seekers in this very niche and specialized community.
- RecruitMilitary.A great niche job board to engage and reach out to our active military and military veteran job seekers and community.
- WeWorkRemotely. Formerly the 37Signals Job Board, this site focuses on technical jobs that can work remote. I love the concept and think organizations should consider remote work options especially for those hard to fill technical positions.
- HireQ. Currently in beta, it calls itself a lifestyle job board matching the job seeker to the right opportunities. Sounds very JobFox and Match.com to me. If it works, who cares?
- ThinkBeyondtheLabel.com. This is a website that targets the disabled job seeker community. Please consider recruiting and hiring this group of very capable job candidates.
- InternMatch. A niche job board for the intern community. They have a very robust and engaged following of college students and recent grads. Nathan, their founder is a personal friend.
- HCareers.com. The hospitality industry is not one to leave out. This site offers a way to engage candidates in another highly competitive industry where there is a lot of competition for the best talent. The partner company of this site, OnTargetJobs owns and manages a number of other niche and specialty job board properties.
- TalentZoo.com. Another great media and creative job board property to consider when looking to recruiter creatives and those in the media and/or advertising industry.
- SHRM HR Jobs. A great job board to reach the human resources professional community. Use promo code ‘blog’ to save 10%.
What niche job boards work for you? Leave a comment below, I’ll verify it and add it to our running list.