HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF THE 2016 HR TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE
My favorite time of the year is now upon us. It’s the Annual HR Technology Conference time. For human resource leaders, an HR conference is a must. The HR Technology Conference is right around the corner. This year the national conference is being held from October 4-7th in Chicago and if you haven’t registered yet, get over to HR Tech site and get on it! Party information is listed below, but if you’d like to stay current with party reminders and new events as they surface, text HRTECH to 55678. Of course it’s not only the training and demos that makes the HR Tech conference such an important part of the evolution of HR and talent acquisition. As with anything, it’s the people you met and the networking that goes on from being able to relate to people in a conference setting. A very important part of that are the conference parties.
Parties have been incredibly hard to come by this year. New events will be added as they are uncovered leading up to and during the HR Tech Conference. You can also text ‘HRTECH’ to 55678 to receive the link and information first before I publish it here. Parties that have been recently been located and added within the last 24 hours will have a “*New*” identifier on them.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HUMAN RESOURCE CONFERENCE AND PARTIES IN CHICAGO
My secret to conferences including this year’s HR Tech Conference in Chicago is simple. I’m not the first to go home from a night out among my friends, and I’m not the last. I eat, attend sessions, demo products, and meet with HR folks. The focus is on quality connections, networking, meet ups and relationships. HR Tech has approximately 8,000 attendees.
RULES OF THE 2016 HR TECHNOLOGY NETWORKING GUIDE
During the HR Technology Conference and the surrounding events and conferences, this party guide is the most popular blog on the site for 6 years running. In order to maintain the spirit and fun of the aggregated party list, please adhere to some guidelines. We are not responsible if event becomes full or is sold out. You are responsible for getting an invite to a private or exclusive event.
Join us on 4/19 at 12:00 PM EST as we learn how to supercharge your talent brand. Register here.
- You must be registered for the 2016 HR Technology Conference and other events.
- You must follow registration instructions to attend the event.
- We are not responsible if event becomes full or is sold out.
- Please bring your badge to prove registration.
PRE-CONFERENCE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2016
- Influence HR Networking and Cocktails. McCormick Place at 2301 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago. Must be registered to conference to attend. 5:00-7:00 PM. Click here.
CONFERENCE DAY 1: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2016
- HR Tech Conference Opening Night Reception. Sponsored by Businessolver. McCormick Conference Center North Hall B1. 5:00-7:00 PM. Open to registered attendees.
- Joint YP Happy Hour. Joint networking with All A-Board Alliance (AABA), Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP) Chicago, and the Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Chicago (YNPN Chicago). Lagunitas Brewing Company at 2607 W 17th St. Chicago. 5:30-8:30 PM. Free. Click here.
- Sparkling Conversations. Hosted by RepCapital. Location unavailable. 8:00-11:00 PM. Private event. Invite and registration required. 6:00-8:30 PM.
- Brews with Brazen. Hosted by Brazen. Motor Row Brewing, 2337 S Michigan Ave., Chicago. 6:00-8:30 PM. Click here.
CONFERENCE DAY 2: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2016
- Breakfast with Strangers. Chicago 8:00 AM-?.The Yolk 1120 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago. Annual membership is $14. Breakfast not included. Click here to register and attend.
- HR Tech After Party. Hosted by VisaNow at their Chicago offices. 6:00-9:00 PM. Visit their booth to inquire about an invite.
- Meet Us on the Roof. Private event hosted by Maestro Health. Hotel Chicago at 127 W. Huron, Chicago. 6:00-9:00 PM. Private event. Click here.
- Sunset Cocktail Cruise. Anita Dee II Yacht DuSable Harbor at 200 N Breakwater Access, Chicago. 6:00-9:00 PM. Tickets are $25. Click here.
- Evening Reception. Hosted by Montage Talent. 360 Chicago at 875 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago. 6:00-8:00 PM. Click here to request invite.
- Visier HR Tech Happy Hour. Hosted by Visier. McCormick Place Room Number: S102BC (South Building – Level 1 Meeting Rooms). 5:30-7:30 PM. Click here.
- Party Like It’s Your Job. Hosted by CornerStone OnDemand. House Of Blues Chicago at 329 N Dearborn St, Chicago. 7:30-12:00 PM. Includes live performance by Montreal Rhapsody Orchestra and more. Click here.
- After Hours Party. Hosted by Grovo. Motor Row Brewing Company at 2337 S Michigan Ave., Chicago. 6:00-9:00 PM. Click here.
- After Party. Hosted by Jobvite and Halogen. Vertigo Sky Lounge at 2 W. Erie St., Chicago. 8:00-12:00 PM. Click here.
- *NEW* HR Tech Dinner. Hosted by Castlight Health. United Supper Club at 111 W Kinzie St., Chicago, IL. 6:30-10:00 PM. Click here to request invite.
- *NEW* Bubbles & Blues. Hosted by Hired. Watershed at 601 North State St., Chicago. 5:30-8:30 PM. Click here.
- *NEW* O.C. Tanner Happy Hour. Location & time not available. Olympian Dana Vollmer in attendance. Visit their booth for invite.
CONFERENCE DAY 3: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2016
- Wine Under Glass Event. Hosted by Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance. Garfield Park Conservatory at 300 N. Central Park Ave., Chicago. 6:00-9:00 PM. Tickets cost $75 for non-members. Click here.
- Phenom People Party. Acebounce at 230 N. Clark St., Chicago. 5:30-close. Must be registered to attend. Click here.
- VIP People Geekup. Hosted by CultureAmp. Chicago’s First Little Lady at N. Michigan Ave & Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago. 7:00-10:15 PM. Click here.
- Secret Dinner Hosted by Me. I want to connect with cool mid market senior HR and TA leaders. Shoot me an email jmm(at)advancedgroup(dot)com if you are free Thursday evening starting at 5:30 PM and would like a special invite. I’m very limited in seating.
*Don’t forget to text ‘HRTECH’ to 55678 to receive new party alerts and reminders via text.