Powerful Recruitment Marketing & Employment Branding with Video
Employment branding and recruiting is a moving target. The importance of video and the candidate experience has grown in importance since we published our 12 Most Best and Ridiculous Recruiting Videos last year. I thought it only best to share a second installment of 12 recruiting videos that had me running to or running away from these different companies.
1) Sends a Clear Message. Messaging is so important. Recruiting videos should showcase the company giving a clear depiction of the right kind of candidate and what the company is all about. Harley Davidson hits this one dead on as true, blue collar and American as the brand is strong.
2) Embeddable. If you want to increase the viral quality of your video so that it’s shared in blogs, new sites and tumblrs around the world, the video should be able to be embedded. Although I enjoyed the video from Casual Films on their explanation on their graduate program, I couldn’t embed the damn thing because they disabled to option to do so. Click here to watch the video.
Complete our HR & Recruiting Buyer Survey. Enter to win one of five $25 Visa gift cards. Click here.
3) Isn’t Scripted. I’m a fan of authentic videos where employees provide testimonials. This video is casual with some scripted scenes but it’s not overdone. Also, I want to know why is only the HR lady scripted. I’m so unscripted it hurts. Let down your cardigans for a change. Be yourself!
4) Appeals to an Audience. This one from SpareFoot. I’m not sure I have any words to describe this one. It’s obviously meant to be funny but it’s weird. Does it appeal to you?
5) Is Exciting. The CEO is a little too monotone for me but the monthly workplace happy hours might just win me over.
6) Be Creative. I’ve been a fan of Wildflower Bread and their quirky culture having gotten to know their CEO over a period of years. This video highlights their employee breadhead appreciation week in 2013. How can you not want to work there?
7) Embrace the Weird. This is an employee created video from Vimeo that show cases their startup and technology culture. It’s low on the tech side and totally unscripted but speaks to their creativity. The Bible question makes the HR lady in me cringe but hey, it might just work for them.
8) All About the Perks. I love the Shopify video and how it showcases the perks of the startup world the freedom from what is described as “cubicle hell.”
9)Poking Fun at the PoPo. Reddit users call this video one of the best recruiting videos of all time. I absolutely love it.
10) Manboobs. The video narrator is a little monotone but I like the way they include their virtual employees when showcasing their work teams. Watch the whole video to see the funny reference on manboobs.
11) A Diverse YouTube Channel. Geico has one of the best YouTube careers channels I have seen. Click here to visit their channel or check out above to watch one of their many videos.
12) Consistent Brand. One of the things I like about Home Depot is how consistent with their employment branding. Everything just looks slick and they are doing a fantastic job leveraging video as well as technology outside of standard social media channels to hire and recruit effectively especially with their seasonality.
Recruiting Videos That Don’t Suck
What recruiting and employer branding videos are you seeing that have gotten your attention both good and bad? Feel free to share your favorites by leaving a comment below.